ZRT Laboratory is an internationally recognized leader in innovative and meaningful hormone and wellness testing. Health care providers and research teams worldwide use our tests, including the CDC, the NIH and many renowned universities. With 20 years of experience and results from over 10 million tests, ZRT offers a commitment to the best science and the best people, for the best in personalized home-collection tests.
QR Code Link to This Post
Summary of Position
As a ZRT Laboratory’s Controller, you will lead the company’s accounting function, and its four-person accounting and business operations team. You will play an essential, hands-on role, responsible for all accounting activities, and guide the performance and continued development of the accounting organization in the following areas:
• Transactional accounting
• Insurance and provider billing
• Month-end close and reporting
• Vendor payment management
• Grant compliance administration
• Tax reporting and compliance
• Business systems evolution, automation and optimization
• Internal controls, and policies and procedures
Your primary responsibilities will include the following:
• Maintain accounting records consistent with current accounting standards and practices by preparing and/or reviewing appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations.
• Prepare reliable monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, and related reports, and provide to management in a timely manner
• Manage vendor payments
• Oversee insurance and provider billing
• Oversee efficient and accurate electronic payment processing
• Oversee quarterly sales, use and excise tax reporting and compliance
• Process grant funding requests, and manage related accounting, reporting and other compliance matters
• Together with the CIO, manage effective integration and interface between the Company’s accounting systems and its proprietary Laboratory Information Management System
• Hire, train and supervise staff involved in the accounting function
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with policies, systems, and controls designed to safeguard assets and produce timely, consistent, and reliable financial reporting
• Provide internal project leadership to upgrade the Company’s accounting system
• Coordinate activities with external CPA firm and manage annual tax preparation
• Collaborate with other departments, communicate outwardly to other departments and appropriate staff
Measures of Success
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
• Develop and maintain the trust and confidence of staff, colleagues and owners/management.
• Self-start and self-direct activities, including ongoing adjustment of activity priorities.
• Effectively communicate with Company personnel at multiple levels in the organization, including mobilizing and managing internal resources toward achieving committed outcomes and deadlines.
• Establish an effective and cooperative working relationship with the Human Resources and IT functions.
• Drive continuous improvement of accounting systems and processes.
• Deliver high quality financial reports within established timelines.
• Effectively lead, mentor and develop the accounting team.
To succeed in this role, you will possess:
• Strong technical accounting skills, demonstrated by prior experience and results.
• The ability to manage accounting and reporting systems and processes, including the interface with the Company’s proprietary Laboratory Information Management System
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate financial information to executives and management
• Commitment to working as a member of a team, and the ability to quickly gain the trust, confidence and respect of staff, peers, and external partners
• Willingness to be very hands-on, with the ability to think systematically
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
• Flexible, can-do, self-starter with the ability to actively manage activities across multiple projects
• High integrity and adherence to highly ethical standards of conduct
Knowledge, Experience and Education
• Minimum 7 years of experience obtained through increasingly responsible positions within the accounting/finance function, including prior significant experience at the Controller level. Experience in a laboratory environment is a plus.
• Solid understanding of accounting standards and practices, including working knowledge of GAAP
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and other software tools commonly used by accounting professionals
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
If this sounds like the right fit, we want to talk to you! Please send your cover letter and
Resume .We promote a healthy and diverse work environment.