Location/Branch: Wilsonville Child Development Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Center Pay Grade:
Department: Childcare Salary Range: 12.00-12.50/hr
Supervisor: Sr. Program Director Closing Date:
Scheduled Hours: TBD
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Objective: Prepare healthy and appealing meals for the children following USDA guidelines. Duties as assigned may include shopping and menu development.
Job Responsibilities: The Cook in YMCA of Columbia-Willamette Child Development Centers is responsible for the service of healthy snacks and meals to children in the program. This is a Part-time position scheduled for approximately 20/hs per week, Monday-Friday. The Cook will interact with the children and may assist the teachers with children on occasion.
• Cook healthy and appealing meals in a timely manner.
• Follow prescribed menus.
• Order foods accurately and economically.
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all food preparation and storage areas.
• Maintain daily USDA production records.
• Adhere to the YMCA principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service.
• Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families.
• Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for 4 hours, kneel, stoop and sit on floor or in child sized seat
• Ability to relate well to children and adult staff
• Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
• Ability to safely and effectively operate kitchen appliances
• Must be able to work effectively in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to see and hear well enough to monitor classrooms and playgrounds to keep children safe at all times.
• Ability to multi-task
• Pass YMCA background check
• Have or obtain a food handler's permit
• Ability to read and write English
• Meet all food preparer's standards as dictated by the State of Oregon Care Division
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Preferred, 6-months experience cooking for 40+ people.
• Experience working with children or in a childcare facility
1. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and service and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
4. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7. Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Association standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appropriately.
8. Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, perceives, understands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10. Demonstrates compliance in the following areas: CollaborNation, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
11. Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities, and demonstrates this through the continual expansion of knowledge and skills.
12. Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it.
How to Apply:
Visit our website to obtain an official YMCA of Columbia-Willamette Employment Application or obtain one at a YMCA Welcome Center. Submit your completed application to:
Sr. Program Director
8406 SW Main Street #100
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers