compensation: DOE, $12.92 to $14.47 hourly, Plus Excellent Benefits! employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you driven to help children and families succeed? Do you long to be part of a team that is making a difference in your own community? Then Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC) is the place for you!
We are a Head Start non-profit comprised of educators, social workers, transportation, facilities, and administrative staff; all at the top of their fields, and all passionate about making a difference in the lives of these children and families.
OCDC is hiring a Food Services Assistant to support the Food Services Supervisor with planning, organizing, and monitoring of the Nutrition/Food services program activities to meet the needs of the children and families in compliance with Head Start Performance Standard and USDA requirements.
Year round position, 40 hours per week, Plus excellent benefits!
• Assists with monitoring and observing classroom activities and meal times to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and USDA requirements.
• Supports the Food Service Supervisor with special nutritional needs and food allergy plans for children.
• Assists the Food Service Supervisor with providing training to Cooks, Cook Assistants and other staff in the area of food preparation, sanitation, health and safety standards and chemical exposure that meets USDA regulations and Head Start Performance Standards and other applicable regulations.
• Assists with purchasing and ordering food.
• Substitutes in the kitchen as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years of quantity food service work experience.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of federal and state laws governing food preparation and sanitation.
• This position is an authorized driver and must possess a current driver’s license, a good driving record, and auto insurance coverage.
• Current Oregon Food Handler’s Card (or acquired within 30 days from date of hire).
• Current infant and child First Aid and CPR certifications (or acquired within 90 days from date of hire).
• Spanish/English Preferred.
• Medical, dental, vision, 11 paid holidays, and sick leave
• Vacation (5 weeks by 5 years)
• 401k program which ranks in the top 1% of the nation
For full job details and to apply online please visit our website at www.ocdc.net and click Careers at OCDC under "about us" section.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers