Position Overview: The Kitchen Prep Cook is responsible for assisting the culinary team with a variety of tasks including washing, chopping and preparing meals in our restaurant and Whole Grain Store and Bakery. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and a passion for natural whole-grain foods.
QR Code Link to This Post
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepares cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
• Cooks menu items per recipe standards.
• Undertakes basic cooking duties such as stirring, straining, and reducing sauces.
• Ensures all food and other items are stored properly.
• Labels ingredients and food items and stocks pantry and refrigerator shelves in an organized manner.
• Keeps kitchen, walk-in and pit areas clean.
• Continually maintains cleanliness standards by sanitizing prep areas before and after use and makes sure that all critical equipment is kept clean.
• Complies with all nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
• Sets-up and stocks stations with necessary supplies.
• Complies with Bob’s Red Mill food safety policies and procedures including adherence to FDA regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
• None. This position reports to the Department Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of safe food-handling procedures, sanitary cooking conditions, proper hand washing techniques and rules for securing hair.
• Ability to move quickly and work in a fast paced environment while carefully following direction of chef.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
• Possesses a positive and professional attitude and has a team player philosophy.
• Possesses good customer service skills and has the ability to interact with customers in a pleasant manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to handle critical feedback in a positive manner and learns from mistakes during the training process.
• Knowledge of baking and gluten-free baking preferred.
• One year experience in a fast paced kitchen environment preferred.
• Previous experience in a commercial kitchen preferred.
• Must be available days, evenings, and weekends.
• Position requires continued walking or standing for long periods up to 2 hours at a time.
• Position requires the ability to bend, squat, and climb stairs frequently.
• The primary work environment for this position is within a large commercial kitchen utilizing a commercial dishwasher.
• Indoors may encounter temperatures ranging from 32 degrees F. within a cooler to 425 degrees F. around cooking equipment.