compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
SUMMARY: The Cook is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of high quality food items for the line, pantry or the production area of the main kitchen based on company standards. This is a full-time position Thursday -Monday 10:30am-7:00pm
SALARY/BENEFITS: We offer benefits including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, ability to enroll in 401k after one year and a competitive wage.
Our senior housing community is located in Milwaukie, OR. We are looking for a full-time Cook for the planning and preparation of high quality meals for our residents and guests. As the Cook, you will report directly to the Executive Chef.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Preparing, or direct preparation, of food served using established production procedures.
• Set, activate, maintain and clean equipment for food preparation, cooking, and serving.
• Check and record food temperatures prior to serving.
• Determine the amount and type of food and supply required in adequate time for preparation.
• Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards; and, observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
• Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
• Organize, clean, and maintain food storage equipment and facilities.
• Follow safety practices for fire and infection.
• Serve and greet residents, visitors, and staff courteously and in compliance with company policies at all times.
• May lead the cooking staff/team if assigned by Chef.
• Minimum one year of prior cooking experience
• Knowledge of safety and health compliance standards
• Written and verbal communication skills
•Food Handler's certification
· Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Quantity- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Continually required to stand
Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
Continually required to taste or smell
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers