compensation: $35,000 - $37,000/year (AHM) and $39,000 - $42,000/year (HM) + benefits (medical/dental/vision, paid sick & vacation time, retirement plus match) employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking a Managers to join our team!
Home Manager (HM) -- Starting salary from $39,000 - $42,000/year
Qualifications: Previous work experience with adults and/or children which is relevant to programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; interest in working within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect; have basic skills in administration and operation of specialized programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities; some previous management experience required.
• Able to complete all the tasks of a DSP and Assistant Manager in addition:
• To provide regular, documented, and specific feedback about performance to Direct Support Professionals both positive and critical.
• To maintain current and complete employee files.
• To consistently implement Company personnel policies.
• To establish a sound and properly structured bi-weekly staff schedule, consistent with contracted hours for the home, with attention to twenty-four (24) hour coverage, staff/consumer ratios, overtime, special staffing requirements.
• To listen and respond to concerns expressed by home and other staff members.
• To communicate information to all Direct Support Professionals members, on a regular basis and as needed in a clear, concise, understandable manner.
• To monitor Direct Support Professionals for the daily scheduling and implementation of active treatment programs.
• To provide a safe, healthy, clean, and attractive home environment.
Assistant Home Managers (AHM) -- Starting salary from $35,000 - $37,000/year
Qualifications: Previous work experience with adults and/or children which is relevant to programs for people with intellectual and development disabilities; have interest in working within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect; and some management experience preferred.
• Able to complete all the tasks of a DSP in addition:
• To work alongside Direct Support Professionals in developing all medical, behavioral and training plans for individuals served and in carrying out those plans.
• To act as an advocate and appropriate role model for Direct Support Professionals and individuals served.
• To supervise and train Direct Support Professionals as designated by Home Manager.
• To provide leadership, direction, and supervision to Direct Support Professionals.
• To actively participate in staff meetings, training, workshops and special meetings as required; to actively assist in program development, documentation data collection, revision and monthly, quarterly summary review of same.
About Alternative Services - Oregon, Inc:
Alternative Services - Oregon, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities through residential and vocational programs. We are presently licensed to provide services in seven Oregon counties and have existing contracts with the State of Oregon for services for children.
All levels of employees, from administrators to direct support staff, are committed to ensuring that the individuals we support have the quality of life they desire. We believe each person has the right to be involved in making decisions regarding their life. This person-centered practice honors the individual's values, beliefs, and individuality.
Our employees are like-minded individuals that constantly strive to grow and advance both their skills and the skills of the individuals we support. Alternative Services - Oregon, Inc. is always looking to expand our hard-working and dedicated team. We offer significant career advancement potential for employees genuinely committed to making a difference in the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.