compensation: $18/HR for 90 day then pay raise of $1 // Pays $27/HR after 2 years employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Premier company headquartered in Portland is hiring for multiple career opportunities! Company has excellent benefits and profit sharing bonuses. The position starts in pay at $18/HR and goes up to $27/HR after two years. Position is designed to train into Visual Dimensional Inspection or Welding.
Brief Grinding Description:
- Review inspection paperwork
- Grind and blend defect areas on castings
- Blend welds to blueprint tolerances
- Reviews x-ray/inspection paperwork, sketches and blueprints to determine grinding requirements
- Removes surface and blind cavity defects from castings using rotary files, burrs, abrasives or belts to prepare castings for repair
- Blends and reworks repaired areas to specified tolerances; may use hand-held sandblaster
- Verifies dimensional compliance using micrometers, calipers, ultrasonic testing and similar types of dimensional inspection devices
- Performs fluorescent penetrant inspection tests on parts to verify removal of surface and subsurface defects
- Applies penetrant lets dry, washes off and inspects for defects
- Completes logs and records
- Provides work direction and training to junior-level grinders as assigned
- Perform other tasks as directed
- Grinding skills and working knowledge of grinding tools, equipment, and materials - OR - An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- Basic ability to follow instructions, read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to use and read dimensional tools including calipers, gauges and micrometers.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards and Process Control Procedures.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to eighty pounds.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, awkward physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time.
SHIFTS TO BE DETERMINED
Please send over a resume or summary of experience to be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers