compensation: $15-$16.50/ hour, depending on experience and schedule employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Homewoods on the Willamette is a non-profit provider of senior housing and services located on the Willamette River in Milwaukie, OR. We make a difference in the lives of our residents, their families, and the surrounding community, and provide a constructive, encouraging, and flexible work environment for our employees.
We are looking to fill three building maintenance and customer service positions in our organization:
1. 32 hours per week, weekday day shift.
2. 32 hours per week, two weekday swing shifts, two weekend day shifts.
3. 24 hours per week, weekend night shift.
This position is a mix of different jobs, with resident safety, customer service, and building maintenance being the highest priorities. The swing and night shift employees will also be responsible for janitorial tasks that make our building livable and presentable to residents, their guests, and the general public. Each of these positions has the potential for additional hours and responsibilities, depending on skills and performance.
• First Aid and CPR
• Must be 18 years old or older
• Ability to safely operate cleaning equipment, power tools, and chemicals and paints
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks efficiently
• Ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and verbally
• Ability to walk, bend, stoop, reach, grasp, stand, climb, crawl, lift, and carry as tasks demand
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds routinely and up to 70 pounds occasionally
• Ability to stay awake and active on evening and night shifts
• Must be willing to work days, swing shift, or graveyard shift as assigned (negotiable on hire)
• ***Reasonable accommodations will be considered when requested by qualified individuals for application, interview, and employment***
Preference will be shown to candidates who enjoy working with older adults, candidates that have previous work or equivalent experience that demonstrates excellent customer service and maintenance skills, and candidates willing to work on-call or overtime with little or no prior notice.
Benefits for all three positions include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurances, as well as flexible spending accounts, a health reimbursement arrangement, and optional participation in our 403(b) retirement plan. All employees also accrue paid time off, paid holidays, and paid sick leave.
Thank you for your interest!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers