We are a local Portland-based furniture company with a warehouse in Oregon City. Job duties include cleaning, refurbish, and repair sectionals/couches to keep them looking nicer for longer! It is important for us to be able to offer our customers the same quality furniture as they see in big retail stores, but for a fraction of the price. Our mission is to do our part to help save the Earth by avoiding filling landfills with used furniture, offer a great value to the local economy, and ensure our customers are happy and able furnish their home beautifully without it costing them a fortune.
About the position:
We are looking for someone to help clean used furniture and help make deliveries as a backup driver.
You would start the day by quickly pulling the orders to load and unload the truck. Afterwards, you will be cleaning the furniture using non-toxic/eco-friendly materials until about 1pm, eat lunch, and then afterwards you will be staging the furniture for pictures to send into our sales team. After staging and pictures, you would move the furniture into the warehouse storage area.
* Meticulous cleaning ability
* Work quickly and efficiently
* Understand and take direction
* Team mentality as we all work together in unison
* English speaking (We speak a little spanish and can always use Google Translate to help communicate!)
* Familiar with wood working/construction (sometimes we have to fix damaged frames)
* Photography basics
* Possibly can drive a 26’ box truck every other Saturday.
What we offer:
* A flexible schedule.
* A position where you are not micromanaged.
* Full time employment offer
* We do not currently offer benefits but are working on it!
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds (we have furniture dollys here to help move furniture)
* Can be detail oriented at a quick pace
* Feels comfortable using power tools
* Must be able to work efficiently without supervision
* We use Skype for team communication
* Valid Driver’s License
* Able to work in the U.S. legally
* If you want to be considered for a backup delivery driver, you will need to bring a copy of your driving history from DMV.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and the best way to contact you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers