compensation: DOE + benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Assist attorneys and support staff at boutique Lake Oswego law firm by supporting and maintaining administrative and organizational effectiveness. This position will provide a wide range of legal assistant, project management, and administrative support functions in order to increase efficiency of client services and the practice as a whole.
• Assist with the preparation and formatting of correspondence, memos, pleadings, research outlines, and meeting minutes
• Assist attorneys with client, case, matter, and project management, including the opening of new client engagements, completion of conflict checks, drafting engagement and conflict waiver letters, managing document organization in both physical and electronic form, managing deadlines, and anything else to help the attorneys keep all files at the firm moving forward smoothly
• File and organize electronic and physical documents
• Assist with modifying and improving filing systems or implementing new filing systems
• Prepare/maintain closing binders, pleading logs, discovery logs, and entity binders
• Prepare/format corporate documents and effect filing with offices of the Secretary of State
• File documents in federal and state court, including electronic filing
• Coordinate with title companies, gather TRIOs, file deeds, and etc. on matters dealing with real estate
• Complete basic clerical tasks, including data entry; photocopy/ scan/ fax; order and organize office supplies; retrieve and sort firm mail
• Assist staff and attorneys with assignments and projects as needed
• Perform any other task required to assist the law firm function effectively
• Two years' experience working in an office environment and associated knowledge of office practices and procedures
• Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate from an accredited institution preferred
• Experience working in a law office preferred
• High level of experience in Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat Pro required
• Consistently demonstrate complete "ownership" mentality for assigned areas/projects/tasks
• Collaborative team player with excellent listening and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and use time efficiently
• Works well under pressure and has a high level of attention to detail
• Strong client-relationship skills as well as the ability to use judgment, tact, discretion, and keep information confidential
Full-time: Monday - Friday, 9-6pm
Benefits include competitive salary, generous PTO and paid holidays, employee subsidized health/vision and dental plans, 401K with employer contribution and more! We are also in a great area of town, with access to major freeways and many fun restaurants.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers