JOB SUMMARY: The Sanitation Technician supports the Company’s production, food safety, and quality goals by cleaning, sanitizing, and staging parts, equipment, machinery and other items used in the manufacture of our products. The Sanitation crew consistently adheres to standards in order to sustain a high level of quality and safety for consumers. Team members take an active role in the areas of Safety, Quality and Productivity.
· Operate in work groups and monitor processes within an assigned area of responsibility
· Operate a hand powered or other powered industrial vehicle
· Asess cleanliness and sanitary quality of machinery and equipment
· Communicate with Quality, Leads and Supervisors regarding any non-conformance or questionable food contact surfaces
· Clean and sanitize to assure food safety
· Operate sanitation equipment and delivers assigned work orders
· Operate and change settings on the various pieces of sanitation equipment
· Work to ensure minimum downtime is experienced through effective organization and time management
· Validate sanitation effectiveness with visual inspection and chemical swabs and strips for food safety program compliance
· Complete all shift documentation accurately and adhere to all daily standard work
· Return all sanitation documents and charts at end of shift
· Perform routine housekeeping of assigned work area and adjacent areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Must be 18 years of age.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Experience in a manufacturing/food production environment preferred
· Ability to understand and communicate work instructions in English
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply company standards including safety practices, GMPs, SOPs, etc.
· Must be customer-and team-oriented, reliable and able to meet attendance standards
· Ability to maintain attention to detail over several hours, while working in a fast paced environment
· Ability to manage time effectively, plan, and organize work efficiently
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS:
· Frequent exposure to water; repetitive movement, bending and twisting, and using hands to handle and squeeze objects
· Exposure to sustained noise levels
· Exposure to work in very hot temperatures
· Exposure to hazards such as moving machinery, hot water, slippery floors, chemicals, and powered industrial vehicles
· Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
· Ability to stand for 95-100% of shift, sometimes up to 12 hours
· Able to work in an environment containing nuts, peanuts, dairy, grains and other allergens
· Must have the ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and accurately
· Must be available for all shifts, nights, weekends, some holidays, occasional overtime, if necessary