We are seeking a Maintenance for our multiple apartment complexes in Milwaukie area.
QR Code Link to This Post
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responding to resident requests for maintenance and service by troubleshooting the problem and taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the organization and promptly communicate problem to management as necessary.
- Completing the "make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed, prioritizing and performing repairs, scheduling work with vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Organizing workshop, maintaining onsite tools/equipment and supply/material inventory.
- Maintaining accurate written records of all work performed, including a description of work done and total time required per work order, a daily journal, and weekly and monthly repair summaries.
- Demonstrating customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 2 years experience in 50+ units apartment maintenance
- Must be able to assess repairs needed and proficient in performing basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, pool/spa maintenance and other general repair work.
- Have good communication skills and courteous deposition with tenants, manager and other service providers. Possess strong work ethic, attention to detail, self-motivated, dependable and punctual.
- Must have own reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have own working tools and equipment.
- Must be able to use basic technology such as email, Smartphone/tablet.
- Living on-site preferred (With rent discount).
- Availability for weekend work and emergency service call duties.
- Satisfactory drug test and background check required.
- Standing and walking intermittently for periods of 2-8 hours per day.
- Frequent climbing, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, hearing and talking.
- Must have the ability to judge spatial distances (near and far), identify and distinguish color as well as detect different odors i.e. gas smells.
- Able to lift, pull, push or carry up to 50 lbs. Or up to 100 lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to use maintenance equipment (hand tools/power tools).
- Must be able to move equipment such as stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc. (with assistance and dollies).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Starting at $17.50 and up based on experience.
This is a full time or part time position.
Benefits include Insurance, paid holidays and vacation.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO US BY REPLYING TO THIS AD.
We are an equal opportunity employer.