• Develop and maintain a marketing plan and sales budget.
• Solicit new and existing business accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals predominately through outside sales calls, relationships, telephone solicitation, site tours and written communication/collateral.
• Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers.
• Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
• Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
• Finalize all books/contracts in a timely manner servicing guests through the process.
• Participate in revenue management call, assist with hotel budget planning and forecasting.
• Pursue new clients through creative/innovative sales techniques.
• Qualify clients, develop proposals, and prepare contracts.
• Ensure effective utilization of selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments.
• Initiate and implement sales promotional programs with travel partners.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests.
• Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
• Train front desk staff and other applicable staff members on sales call process.
• Conduct on-site tours.
• Follow-up on group business (pending, tentative and booked) to ensure client satisfaction and materialization at hotel.
• Knowledge of sales process, client base, and general market knowledge.
• Ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
• Knowledge of revenue management and ability to successfully forecast business on both short-term and long-term basis.
• Able to develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the community.
• Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
• Possess proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office products, knowledge of brand operating systems preferred.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers