compensation: Dependent on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a busy, mid-sized general/electrical contractor looking for a full-time, experienced journeyman electrician. Work will consist of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the electrical industry in both commercial and residential areas. Proceeds with work from plans and specifications, supervising small crews, have knowledge of all electrical and major tools. Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess Oregon journeyman license and Washington journeyman license (or ability to obtain one) and the skills to perform the responsibilities of a Journeyman Electrician.
• Must be able to work well with others.
• Supervise assigned job site employees to complete project.
• Must have the ability to work and coordinate with other trades, general contractors, owners, and/or engineers.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of all tools and equipment.
• Must be able to comprehend and read blueprints, drawing prints and schematics.
• Must be able to comprehend, read and interpret instructional manuals, specifications, work-site directions, and written instructions.
• Must be able to troubleshoot all electric systems.
• Must have working knowledge of NEC.
• Must be able to bend conduit by hand with benders.
• Must be able to use all power tools, saws, threaders, wire tuggers, hydraulic benders and knockout punches.
• Must practice and comprehend safe work procedures as outlined in employee handbooks and safety policies and procedures.
• Work energized circuits and equipment as outlined in the safety policy.
• Must be able to operate two-handed tools and equipment (i.e., cable cutter, hammer drills, compression tools, jack hammers, etc.)
• Must be able to operate company trucks with manual and automatic transmission in accordance with vehicle policy and have a clean driving record.
• Must be able to operate and work from mechanical personnel lifts (electric and gas powered).
• Must be able to work inside and outside in all elements and all types of weather conditions.
• Maintain the company mission statement.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
• Occasional out-of-town/state work may be needed.
We offer a company vehicle, paid holidays and vacation, medical/dental insurance and IRA with company match. All benefits are offered after successful completion of 60-day probationary period with except of IRA which is offered after 2-years employment.
Salary: Depending on experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers