Pahlisch Commercial, Inc, a subsidiary of Pahlisch Homes, is seeking an experienced Project Manager in the Portland-Metro Region.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Project Manager is responsible for all for all aspects of the construction project, from development of construction documents through to final completion and occupancy. The Project Manager will be need to coordinate closely with field superintendents as well as project owners. This position requires thorough and complete knowledge of each project.
- Assist Development Manager in development of construction documents.
- Prepare scopes of work, bid packages and solicit subcontractors and suppliers for both soft bids and final hard bids.
- Assist the Superintendent in the development of the site utilization plan
- Development and coordinate of the Loss Prevention and Quality Control program
- Oversee Project Engineer’s preparation of submittal log and management of the submittal process.
- Participate in subcontractor project orientation meetings
- Review all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Assist superintendent on all preconstruction meetings.
- Review superintendent’s daily reporting.
- Ensure project cost control by regularly balancing construction budget and forecasting cost to complete.
- Work with superintendent to create and maintain the project master schedule.
- Review superintendent’s 3 week look ahead schedules
- Review change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and collect pricing and/or preparing change proposal requests for internal pricing review
- Ensure that Superintendent is performing on-site inspections of the various subcontractors work to ensure that the level of quality is in compliance
- Maintain records of job changes, including option orders and purchase orders
- Assist in the evaluation of subcontractors and product performance
- Manage owner concerns and relations
- Strong understanding of commercial building codes and the ability to build in accordance to code
- Build effective working relationships with building officials
- Ability to effectively manage oneself and other in conflict situations
Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering not required but preferred.
Proven track record of outstanding customer service and performance
5+ years minimum experience in commercial construction, specific multi-family experience is preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity both in and out of work environment
Able to lead a team and work in a team environment
Physically able to climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach , lift
Physically able to move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 lbs.
Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Medical Plans including HSA Option with generous company contribution
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan after 90 days and company match after 1 year
- Paid time off including 9 paid holidays
- Other fun perks
- We treat you like family!
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please!