Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Male Urinalysis Technician – Posting #19-055
The Urinalysis Technician is responsible for various duties related to collection, processing, reporting, and recording of urinalysis samples submitted on or off site. The work involves the collection of urine samples per the agencies policies and procedures and recording of data during the collection process. In fulfilling these duties, the incumbent performs the following duties independently:
• Produce accurate labels for clients preparing to submit a urine sample.
• Instruct clients in the agency procedures for submission of urine samples and insure that these procedures are followed.
• Monitor and observe client submission of the urine sample.
• Insure maintenance of chain-of-custody of the urine sample including documentation by the client of all identifying information on the sample.
• Administer and record breathalyzer procedures & results when appropriate.
• Inform client of additional responsibilities, i.e. case management contacts, positive BA procedures, and/or prescription verification requirements.
• Inform client's case manager or the program supervisor of any unusual occurrences including but not limited to, positive BA, adulterated urine, and/or disturbances of any type.
• Prepare samples for delivery to the laboratory's courier.
• Insure all required samples for urine collection are maintained at sufficient levels.
• Insure universal precautions for handling of urine samples are adhered to.
• Other responsibilities as directed.
Requirements and Skills Required by the Position:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Familiarity with issues specific to addiction and recovery.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Salary: DOE + Sign on Bonus!
*This is a part time position.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers over 75% of medical, dental, and vision costs for the employee and all dependents. There are no out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, or deductible under the medical plan. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 4%. On top of all that, our employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service), as well as 3 personal holidays and 10 paid holidays per year!
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!