Perform general maintenance work to ensure motel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained. Experience in a field of repair, maintenance or construction is preferred. Previous experience in hotel maintenance highly preferred.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Conduct preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing, light bulbs, clearing drains, replacing plumbing parts, painting, floor repairs, landscaping, grounds maintenance, swimming pool cleaning and maintenance, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
• Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g. "Preventative Maintenance").
• Checking electrical systems such as air conditioning, television sets and lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
• Checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools, and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
• Service the hotel's pool if applicable, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, and completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
• Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (i.e. snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
• Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
• Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
• Be prepared for exposure to extreme temperatures.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Self-starting personality. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to work as part of team and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
• 100 lbs maximum lifting with frequent lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work on their feet for 10-12 hours per day, occasional overtime could be required, needs to be on call for after hours and weekend service calls
• Must be able to use ladders frequently as well as going up and down stairs, bending, squatting, lifting, pulling/pushing
• Must move furniture as needed, must be able to use cleaning and painting products and electric hand tools
Email Resume or Apply in Person.
Motel 6 - Kelso
106 N. Minor RD.
Kelso, WA 98626
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers