Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Family Therapist – Posting #19-116
The Family Therapist works under the supervision of the Program Director. This position is responsible for clinical services working with individuals with substance use disorders and their families. In fulfilling these duties, the clinician performs the following duties independently:
• Documented skills, training, and/or education in family theory & techniques as consistent with WAC 246-809-121;
• Conduct family assessments to screen for family functioning level and appropriateness;
• Conduct a family education group;
• Work as part of a treatment team;
• Maintain complete and up to date clinical files that document all services and contacts provided consistent with the requirements of WAC 388-865 and 388-805 (if applicable);
• Supports and implements agency policies and procedures;
• Represents the Agency in the community at various meetings and clinical reviews with the approval of the supervisor;
• May require weekend work; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy, with current State of Washington credential;
• Must successfully pass a criminal history background check;
• Ability to work with diverse populations who vary significantly, including social strata, age, education, race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation;
• Experience working with substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders;
• Experience using family systems techniques as consistent with WAC 388-877-0708 and across a range of family structures in relationship to the identified patient’s treatment goals;
• Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to help clients achieve their goals;
• An understanding of local community services;
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community agencies and service providers;
• Ability to communicate clearly;
• Great attendance;
• Ability to work well with others.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers over 75% of medical, dental, and vision costs for the employee and all dependents. There are no out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, or deductible under the medical plan. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 4%. On top of all that, our employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service), as well as 3 personal holidays and 10 paid holidays per year!
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!