QR Code Link to This Post
Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
IT Assistant - Posting #19-056
This position reports directly to the IT Specialist. The IT Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation and ongoing support of all aspects of development, support, configuration and administration of the Lifeline Connections network of all locations, including servers, workstations, users and proprietary databases. This position will provide desktop support at Lifeline’s different locations and will provide coverage when the IT Specialist is out of the office. This position will work with the IT Specialist to ensure that all IT related policies and procedures are being followed.
• Coordinate and train Lifeline employees in the entry of the data collection process and train in the effective use of the network and best practice PC protocols;
• Perform all duties in a manner that protects confidentiality/privacy of consumers pursuant to the standards;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least 1 years’ experience in a business environment with principle duties related to information technology required.
• Associate’s degree in business administration, computer science, IT, general studies, or a related field preferred. All combinations of education, experience and training that demonstrate the ability to perform the work will be considered.
• Experience with network hardware and software configuration, including MS Exchange, Windows Server 2012+ and Windows 7 and 10 required;
• Certifications to include: A+, Network+;
• Experience in network management and administration in a Windows server/PC environment;
• Experience in data backup procedures and protocols including disaster planning and restoration;
• Strong time management and organization skills;
• Ability to coordinate and manage tasks and projects concurrently;
• Ability to effectively identify, troubleshoot and resolve business related problems, including systemic system problems;
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and positively with others
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers over 75% of medical, dental, and vision costs for the employee and all dependents. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 3%. On top of all that, our employees receive 4 weeks paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service) and 11 paid holidays per year!
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!