Approximately 6 hours per week on average.
QR Code Link to This Post
Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Please send resume and cover letter to Immanuel Lutheran Church, 8310 MacArthur Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98664. Church Office contact: Jill Hellerud 360-694-3661
Immanuel Lutheran Church is a community through whom God is transforming lives by sharing our faith in God’s love and grace. We are seeking a part-time musician beginning July 2019 to join us in planning meaningful worship, providing musical accompaniment, and contributing to an environment that is welcoming to all.
• Provide musical accompaniment for Sunday worship services and special services.
• Provide accompaniment for the Choir as well as soloists and ensembles.
• Collaborate with the Worship & Music Ministry Team in planning worship services and selecting music that reflect Lutheran traditions as well as wider Christian cultures from around the world.
• Our church has a piano, organ, and keyboard.
• Proficient in playing the piano, keyboard, and organ. Organ experience is not required but a willingness to be trained on the organ is essential.
• Knowledge of basic music theory, including simple transpositions or harmonizing a melody.
• Understand Lutheran worship tradition and other musical styles.
• Ability to work well with a variety of people.
• Display a willingness to learn as well as teach others.