McKean Smith is looking for an energetic administrative professional looking for an early stage career opportunity in a law firm environment. We are building a dedicated team of creative legal support professionals to support a fast-paced legal practice in Oregon and Washington.
QR Code Link to This Post
This position is responsible for managing the flow and filing of case related documentation in our Vancouver Washington office. Your application and references must reflect your self-management, efficiency and positive attitude towards your duties. Reliable transportation and the ability to lift file boxes up to at least 30 lbs is a must for the role.
McKean Smith offers a competitive base salary as well as bonuses. Some of our benefits include paid time off, retirement vesting upon hire, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, professional development support and a host of fortune 500 caliber benefits.
If you are a team player looking for an opportunity to work with a quality legal team in a support capacity providing excellent service to a group of respected attorneys, you will want to speak with McKean Smith about this opportunity. If interested in this position, please send your cover letter, references and resume. No phone calls please. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please visit our website mckeansmithlaw.com for more information about us.
Support firm Attorneys and Paralegals by managing the flow and filing of case related documents. Provide backup reception services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and maintains filing system; implements changes as required.
• Reviews documents, forms, and other materials; accurately sorts and codes following established filing system.
• Files documents, forms, and other materials.
• Retrieves files and/or specific materials upon request and with proper authorization.
• Monitors location and return of requested materials.
• Records and maintains system for offsite file storage and retrieval.
• Destroys records in accordance with established schedule and legal requirements.
• Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
• Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to typing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing as needed.
• Provides back up Reception duties on an as needed basis.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Minimum of two years office experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Proficient on Microsoft Office, G Suites, Outlook
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Strong organizational skills
• Acute attention to detail
• Law office experience strongly preferred
• Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred
• Experience in case management software (Clio, Lexicata)
Personal Attributes & Values:
• Possesses and demonstrates excellent integrity
• Composed and professional
• Strong team player and self-starter
• Prompt and thorough in job performance
• Creative and logical problem solving
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks as assigned
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs. unassisted