compensation: $14 per hour. employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to work at an innovative, entrepreneurial, non-profit organization? Are you motivated to give back to communities and to provide programs and services that positively impact youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families? USTA PNW is looking for a Front Desk Staff member to help drive our mission on and off the court. This position reports to the Facility Operations Coordinator/Manager.
Established in 1904, the United States Tennis Association Pacific Northwest (USTA PNW) is a 501(c)3
non-profit organization working to promote and develop the growth of tennis by providing access for all. As one of the 17 sections of the USTA, the national governing body of the sport of tennis, USTA PNW serves over 25,000 individual adult and junior members, 200+ tennis facilities, and provides low-cost RecTennis afterschool and summer programs to 40,000 participants. USTA PNW has cultivated over 300 community partnerships including schools, public parks, recreation and shared spaces across four states.
To expand accessible play opportunities and to continue to ensure cost is not a barrier to entry, USTA PNW also manages and operates indoor tennis facilities. Vancouver Tennis Center, a 9 indoor and 4 outdoor court facility, and Galbraith Tennis Center, a six indoor court facility, provide an industry-best experience and give back to the surrounding community all at an affordable cost. Learn more at www.ustapnw.org.
▪ Monitor traffic flow into and out of the facility.
▪ Handle court reservations, cash and charge transactions.
▪ Answer phones and transfer calls to the appropriate department, taking accurate messages and
disseminating necessary facility related information.
▪ Provide excellent customer service to members, non-members and guests at all times.
▪ Ensure registration and check in and check out procedures are followed as members, non-
members and guests arrive and depart.
▪ Accountable for balancing register at shifts end.
▪ Stock display areas as needed.
▪ Conduct scheduled walk-throughs of key areas up to/and including restrooms, locker rooms and
parking lot ensure cleanliness and safety.
▪ Clean up and report safety concerns as needed.
▪ Complete opening and closing procedures as required.
▪ Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other
management as required.
▪ Relay information (complaints, problems, accident reports, etc.) to supervisor.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
ON-COURT VS. OFF-COURT (ADMIN):
▪ 0% On-Court (may be utilized when available to assist as requested with on-court activities)
▪ 100% Off-Court (includes Monthly or as needed Front Desk Staff Meetings)
▪ Subject to change with business needs.
Works primarily and directly with Facility Operations Coordinator/Manager. Interfaces frequently as
needed with Head Tennis Pro, Tennis Pros, or Registration Coordinator to help direct new and existing
members, non-members and guests to the appropriate contact.
Maintains high quality customer service with members, non-members and guests at USTA PNW Tennis
Centers. Represent the mission and organization at all times.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
When reviewing this position during the year, the following will serve as performance indicators:
▪ Pre and Post Season/Program Reviews performed by Supervisor (if applicable).
▪ Achievement of specific objectives for areas of responsibility.
▪ Evidence of high quality customer service.
▪ Evidence of performance of major duties.
▪ Evidence of performance as a productive team member.
▪ Evidence of effective internal and external relationships.
▪ Evidence of delivering the USTA PNW mission.
▪ Dependability, communication skills, and an excellent work ethic.
▪ Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
▪ Must have a friendly, outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction.
▪ Must have the ability to pass a background check.
▪ Ability to make quick decisions that best serve facility members and guests.
▪ Ability to learn and use registration software and other related computer functions.
▪ Prefer experience regarding cash and credit transactions.
▪ Customer service interaction experience with members, guests, and employees in
▪ person and on the phone.
▪ Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with staff and customers.
▪ Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects.
▪ Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, partners, vendors.
▪ Excellent written and oral communication skills.
▪ CPR and AED certified preferred.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
▪ Must have the ability to continually pass a background check.
▪ Must complete the USTA Safe Sport online education course. Link provided with offer of
employment. Online course takes approximately 60 minutes.
▪ Must annually sign USTA PNW Offer Letter and Employee Handbook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS + WORK ENVIRONMENT:
▪ This job operates out of a tennis facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
▪ The ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly.
▪ The ability to squat and bend over regularly.
▪ The ability to carry out repetitive motions regularly.
▪ The ability to lift and carry awkward items from one location to another.
▪ The ability to respond quickly to sounds and visual cues (such as alarms and/or safety concerns
both on and off court).
▪ The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
▪ The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
▪ The ability to work in extreme weather and indoor/outdoor conditions.
▪ The ability to stand for length of shift (with breaks and lunches given per policy).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
▪ Hourly rates commensurate with experience outlined in annually signed Offer Letter.
▪ Position currently ineligible for benefits as outlined in the annually signed Employee Handbook.
To be considered please reply to this posting with your cover letter and resume. Thank you for your interest at USTA PNW!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers