compensation: Will be discussed during interview employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WHO IS CMI
We are a foundational part of building construction and a leader in commercial masonry in the PNW. Our family owned company has been in business for 35 years serving Washington and Oregon, and headquartered in Vancouver, WA. Our continued growth and preferred contractor status are because of our focus on employee development, our proactive business model, and our faith-based integrity in all we do. We provide the best mix of quality and cost to our clients.
JOB SUMMARY – Estimator
This is the perfect role for someone who is highly organized, self-driven, and eager to support the estimating of masonry projects. You will assist in providing detailed estimates and project review for the CMI team, with potential opportunity to become a full time Estimator.
ON ANY GIVEN DAY, YOU COULD BE DOING THESE THINGS
• Review blueprints and specifications to develop estimate.
• Conduct take-off and utilize Tradesmen’s Master Estimator Software.
• Review estimate and scope of work to ensure accurate costing.
• Present estimate and proposal to leadership for review.
• Follow up on bids and make calls to obtain work.
• Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU (Knowledge)
• Strong technical and analytical aptitude.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Tools.
Other Skills (Ideal but not Required)
• Understand how to read blueprints.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in estimating.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in masonry and/or construction.
• Bluebeam experience
• Integrity, a servant’s heart, strong work ethic, and a desire to show initiative.
• Great communication skills with ability to write and speak effectively.
• Highly organized and solid follow-up and follow-through.
• Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Work well with a wide variety of individuals.
• Approach to work that is positive, solution-oriented, optimistic and enthusiastic.
WHAT CAPACITY IS NECESSARY TO DO THIS JOB
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift and move up to 75 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the corporate work environment is usually quiet to moderate, with many of the staff working away from the office. The shop and yard environment and job sites can be loud, dusty, and non-tempered conditions.
THIS POSITION INCLUDES
This is a part-time position that could grow into a full-time position over time. This position includes paid time off and business travel reimbursement. At full time status (greater than 30 hours), a comprehensive benefits package will be available.
Email your resume and cover letter outlining adherence to the qualifications and why you are the right person for this role and company. Include at least 3 references. Candidates first test is to see how well they adhere to these instructions. Applicants only, please. CMI is not accepting submissions from recruiters.
CMI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class. This position is subject to a 30-day probationary period.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers