favorite this postAccounting Associate/Lead (SE Portland)hide this posting
compensation: Dependent on skill set and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Portland artisan tea company looking for a seasoned, hardworking and detail-oriented Accounting Lead.
This job contributes to Smith Teamaker's success by keeping financial records accurate, up-to-date and reconciled. The position also plays a key role in supporting Smith Teamaker's growth by working cross-functionally to create efficient work flows and documented processes. The position reports to the VP Finance.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Fact-check & invoice sales orders, E-Commerce and retail sales
- Post all payments, including checks, cash, ACH, wire and merchant service deposits
- Process invoice adjustments and refunds
- Collect past-due amounts and manage the automated collections software
- Provide backup support to A/P as needed
- Reconcile Accounts and prepare necessary journal entries
- Assist in the monthly close and reporting process
- Assist VP Finance with audits, forecasts, and other fiscal planning
- Support Production and Inventory tasks in QB, including Item Creation
- Work with teams to integrate apps with QB including set-up, training and testing
Required Skills, Abilities and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise including Inventory and using Items
- Full-charge bookkeeping skills
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail oriented
- Strong time management and project management
- Diplomatic, engaging and supportive attitude
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Be reliable, respectful and efficient.
- BA in Accounting or equivalent experience
- QuickBooks Enterprise 15 or higher with Inventory
- QuickBooks add-ons and integrations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Excel
- Database familiarity
- Wholesale accounting experience
- Salary is dependent on skillset and experience. Full-time, with overtime often required during closing.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance. Holidays, Vacation and FREE TEA!
- Submit cover letters and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, no phone calls.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities