Kanto Corporation, a supplier of ultra-high purity semiconductor process chemicals located in the Rivergate area of North Portland, is seeking a Cost Accountant who will be responsible for cost accounting by analyzing financial data, obtained through evaluation, to determine the cost of business products.
Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Coordinates product cost process including calculating, reviewing and analyzing machine and labor hours, overhead costs and allocations, production rates, raw material costs and manufacturing process changes.
• Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost.
• Maintains Cost Accounting System.
• Updates Standard Cost for Finished Goods Inventory in SAP.
• Develops estimates of new and proposed product costs.
• Assists in Month end close of General Ledger.
• Participates in physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
• Reconciles finished goods inventories.
• Works with multiple departments and/or individuals in order to get a complete understanding of a process or situation.
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Minimum 2+ years of Cost Accounting and Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited university or college or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Must be proficient in MS Office products, advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Using/creating/maintaining Formulas, Macros and Pivot Tables a plus.
• SAP experience a strong plus.
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, dependable and self-motivated, and be able to adapt quickly to change and work under tight deadlines.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, post-offer/pre-employment criminal background check and a professional reference check.
Salary is dependent on experience. Great benefits package including a generous accrued Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy, 90% company paid medical insurance premium for employee, 100% company paid dental insurance premium for employee, 25% company paid medical and dental insurance premium for dependents, 9 company paid holidays, 401(k) company match, company paid short and long term disability premiums, company paid basic life insurance policy for employees, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Please use the above link to email a résumé or complete an application, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., at:
13424 N. Woodrush Way
Portland, OR 97203
an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers