compensation: $50,000-$54,000 salary, DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Outdoor/Recreation Company Seeks Full Charge Bookkeeper
A growing outdoor recreation company is looking for a Full Charge Bookkeeper. We run an organized, profitable, and growing business (~$5MM). This position has always been part time, but as we continue to grow, we need full time support that our existing bookkeeper can’t provide. Our team is the lifeblood of our business, and we work hard to take care of them. They deserve to work with the best bookkeeper possible. The job is hard, there are lots of accounts and lots of paperwork flying. If you think a fast-paced environment is where you can make a difference… read on!
Our bookkeeper is a team of one – and they are responsible for a LOT - from the exciting to the mundane. This position is now in charge of things like: matching item receipts to vendor invoices, receiving large numbers of payments via multiple methods, processing payroll (easy), and reconciling credit cards (not easy) – all while working with the entire team here to manage to the budget and deliver quarterly reports to the CPA/owners. We are a seasonal business, so it’s crazy in the summer, and just a little bit less crazy in the winter. You will need to bring your A game.
It’s a prerequisite to be self-motivated, focused and ready to exceed expectations. Applicants should be un-commonly trustworthy, hardworking and interested in making a difference. Your voice will be heard here if you bring good ideas, efficient processes and a ‘can do’ attitude. If you're methodical, detail-oriented and eager to achieve, you have the potential to do great things here.
We need someone with experience handling all aspects of the finances at other businesses. You don’t need to be best in the world yet, but just have the desire to be the best and be willing to put in the work with us to grow yourself here with us. We take care of our team, we are fun, sort of funny, and excited about the future full of opportunities.
• Entering, reconciling and paying all expenses
• Reconciling item receipts with manufacturer invoices
• Manage A/R & monitor customers with payment term accounts
• Manage all 11(!) company credit cards -posting, progress payments and reconciliations
• Reconcile daily payments/deposits in multiple merchant accounts, cash and checks
• Manage deposits and payments from multiple bank accounts and reconciliations
• Process payroll (every two weeks using ADP) and journal into QB
• Monthly account reconciliation and preparation of reports for CPA
• Oversee and lead company budgeting (with our Leadership Team)
Qualifications & Experience
• Must love QuickBooks (and know how to use it very efficiently)
• Two plus years as a Full Charge Bookkeeper
• Strong computer skills (Excel in particular, plus Google Suite)
• Knowledge of macro accounting principles (P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheets)
• Attention to detail!! (in the subject line of your email to us please put my favorite number: 27)
• Hours: Full Time, Year Round, 8:30-5pm M-F
• Salary: $50,000-$54,000/year DOE
• We offer paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employer-sponsored health plan and a SIMPLE IRA plan with company match
• We invest in our people via continuing education, professional conferences, and learning opportunities!
• We do BBQs, Happy Hours, Social Events, and have fun (but we’re not a weird tech company)
• Our office is in North Portland, extremely close to I-5
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers