Are you a Veteran living with a mental health challenge?
QR Code Link to This Post
NAMI Multnomah and the Portland VA are offering a Veteran only Peer-to-Peer Recovery Education course.
P2P is an introduction on mental health recovery/wellness providing coping skills and information. Participants will share the wisdom of their lived experiences; receive and give support in a safe and confidential setting. Recovery/wellness is a journey.
• FREE recovery/wellness education course and materials
• Open to Veterans of All Eras experiencing a mental health challenge
• 2 hours each week for 8 weeks
• Taught by trained NAMI peer leaders (who are both Veterans)
Topics include . . .
• PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Schizophrenia and more . . .
• Basics of brain biology and medications
• Identifying and writing individual goals
• Assessing, building social and support systems
• Early warning signs related to stressful events
Class will meet every Thursday from 3:00p-5;00p, April 18th- June 6th, 2019 (8 class sessions). Classes will be at the Portland VA.
Registration is required! Please call our info line at show contact info