compensation: $15-$19/hr. depending on demonstrated outcomes and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
On-the-Move is seeking to hire an experienced individual to provide customized employment support services to individuals who experience developmental disabilities engaged in our competitive employment services program.
The Vocational Support Specialist works with job-seekers and/or employed individuals one-on-one or in small groups who have disability-related barriers to employment. The primary purpose of the Vocational Support Specialist is to facilitate the successful transition of job-seekers into competitive, community-integrated employment through social and professional skills development, career discovery, direct job coaching supports, and the development of natural supports in volunteer and competitive work environments.
This position requires some flexibility since it is based on the supported individual's schedule. The Vocational Support Specialist could be working any shift, Monday through Sunday, including holidays. At the present time, all support needs fall within the M-F, 9 am-5 pm time frame.
• Support employed individuals to grow in their job performance by tailoring coaching strategies to needs and abilities.
• Support job-seekers in small group, community-based work experience activities.
• Provide on-site training and initial/ongoing support to the individual and employer as needed.
• Cultivate natural supports and natural cues that will empower the individual to work independently to the extent of their abilities.
• Create a systematic strategy for "fading" from the workplace.
• Facilitate the development of ongoing positive relationships and natural supports with key co-workers in our supported customer's place of employment.
• Maintain up-to-date case notes, records and other assigned paperwork.
• Submit invoices and progress reports on a monthly basis for billing.
• Carry out additional responsibilities as identified and assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Driver's License with clean driving record and auto insurance, or the ability to efficiently travel throughout Greater-Portland metro area.
• CPR and First Aid certified and maintained throughout duration of employment.
• Ability to pass criminal background check.
• Compliance with Mandatory Abuse Reporter status.
• Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate needs of participants, including occasional evenings and weekends.
• One year of Job Coach, skills training, or teaching experience, preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Completion of APSE, SCRE, ACRE or CESP certification requirement or DHS-approved competency-based employment training within first year of employment (employer pays for the training).
• Experience working with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, Personal Agents and Service Coordinators, preferred.
$15-$19/hr. depending on demonstrated outcomes and experience. Medical/Dental benefits available for full-time employees (30+ hours/week). Self-care program. Strength's Finder Profile.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers