CAD DESIGN / DRAFTER NEEDED
QR Code Link to This Post
Specialty manufacturer of architectural products seeks hard working, full time CAD design / drafter for the production of custom cast and hand-laid GFRC (Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete) components for traditional masonry construction. This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves historic architecture to engage in the design of finely crafted decorative elements.
• Designing highly detailed dimensioned drawings of architectural embellishment parts
• Developing designs for steel and concrete structural systems to facilitate installation of parts
• Communicate / coordinate with production staff on designs and components
• Extensive use of AutoCAD on a PC, wide format plotter and Microsoft Office suite programs
• Participate in meetings and collaborate with engineers, project managers, estimators
• Communicate and collaborate with architects and other parties involved in projects
• Develop working drawings from photographs, sketches and sample parts, physical tracings and scanned data
• Site visits and field verifications, often at heights, with or without lift equipment
• 3D modeling in AutoCAD
• Familiarity with common construction practices, generally non-residential structures
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team
• A curious and creative nature, artistic, with a passion for technical detail and precision
• Fluent in English with excellent communication both oral and written
• Willingness and ability to follow instructions as well as proactively solve problems
• Valid driver license and dependable vehicle for site visits or meetings
• Very occasional regional travel with the possibility of over night stays at greater distances
• Appreciation of and familiarity with exterior decorative elements, particularly those of an historic or traditional nature
• Understanding of mold making, sculpture and manufacturing processes
• Understanding of the nature of cast stone as well as various reinforcement components, compounds, variables and limitations
• Building design, construction, framing, masonry, and patternmaking
• Familiarity with plaster, clay, concrete, sand, and fiberglass (chopped mat and weave)
Architectural Castings is located in SE Portland and enjoys a reputation for premium quality and completely custom work with a portfolio reaching from coast to coast across the United States.
Depending on the selected candidate, this position may be either part time or full time to start and will ultimately be full time with regular business hours Monday through Friday.
Compensation: starting wage will be a MINIMUM of $30 per hour, with the potential for significantly more, based on the applicant’s experience and ability.
Benefits: PTO and paid holiday
To apply: Submit resume with cover letter and be prepared to provide references