Are you a Civil Engineering graduate student, or recent graduate, with a passion for solving technically challenging design and construction problems? Do you enjoy being outdoors and getting your hands dirty, both figuratively and literally? Are you interested in being part of a fast-growing team of creative, innovative and hard-working engineers and scientists, working together to help find solutions to several of the Earth’s biggest problems?
QR Code Link to This Post
GeoEngineers, Inc., a leading national earth science and technology consulting firm, is seeking a Staff Civil Engineer for our Portland office to assist with a diversity of technically challenging projects across multiple markets. GeoEngineers is an employee-owned company established in 1980 providing unparalleled client service and innovative science and engineering solutions. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally and make a real impact while taking part in ground-breaking projects and working with leading edge technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Staff Civil Engineer, you will play an important role in supporting a diversity of technically challenging trenchless crossing design and construction projects. Responsibilities will include design and execution of subsurface exploration programs, providing construction reports of the Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) construction process and application of drilling tools and fluids, as well as complete interpretation of subsurface data and technical analysis. Additional responsibilities include preparing HDD drawings and preliminary HDD design. You will also be responsible for coordinating full report production activities, including generation of design calculation and engineering design reports.
• BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering Geology or Geological Engineering required; MS preferred
• 1 year related experience preferred, including general understanding of construction principles
• Knowledge of the construction workplace & survey principles preferred
• A construction field orientation and proven problem-solving skills
• Ability to generate documents and spreadsheets for pipe stress, drill path design and CAD drawing in real-time, preferred
• Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
• Desire and willingness to travel 50% of the time!
• Valid driver's license
To learn more about life at GeoEngineers and apply online, please visit our website at http://www.geoengineers.com.
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
Apply at https://geoengineers.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=5&id=1110