We need an awesome photographer to document Galas in a gorgeous way.
QR Code Link to This Post
WHO YOU ARE:
You are rad and love getting the shot. You are flexible and roll with the punches. No matter what happens, you never let them see you sweat—you keep a calm and positive attitude even when your card fails/camera spazzes/or your pants rip. You are organized and a perfectionist but you don't let that stop you from getting the job done on time. You can take direction like a champ and are deeply invested at getting better always. You love interacting with people and you never hesitate when it comes to speaking up to get the shot.
I'm a commercial photographer who is creating a portrait lounge for the event (see below for reference links) I'm looking for someone who is kick ass at documenting events and interactions to document the galas themselves and the portrait loungs. It's a combination of being a fly on the wall and asking people to get together for a picture. There are a lot of moving parts to a gala and anything that the client spends money on needs to be documented in a gorgeous way. Additionally, there are a lot of influential people, who need to look great in the final images.
You also need to be strong, confident, and able to chat up anyone and give quick/charming direction. You have to have a sixth sense for where to be and what's coming next. It's imperative you have experience in photographing challenging lighting scenarios and feel comfortable using natural light, and mixed lighting.
2x Camera Bodies
1x 70-200 2.8 lens (or comparable)
1x 50mm 1.2 lens (or similarly wide aperture)
1x on-camera flash with modifier (no harsh direct gross lighting)
4x or more camera cards
3x spare batteries for your camera and flash
• UPCOMING DATES: April 6th, June 29th, Sept 14th, Sept. 27th
• Timing will vary but it will be a minimum of 5 hours, and it's a non-negotiable to stay until the job is done.
• All images will need to be uploaded to a Google Drive folder (I'll provide) with 16 hours of event wrap as Camera Raw files
• Appropriate attire is a must (we will discuss)
• You'll retain copyright to your work and can use it for portfolio etc. We'll ask for non-commercial licensing in perpetuity both for clients and myself.
• You'll get food
• You'll work with organization staff as well to make sure you're documenting everything and they'll make you aware of VIPs
The budget is fixed at $350/per event.
•In-depth knowledge of camera settings
•In-depth knowledge of how to navigate tough lighting scenarios
•Knowledge of how to pose people
•Able to work quickly with fast turnarounds
•Takes notes well and can easily incorporate feedback
•Work history of thriving under pressure
IF INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING:
• Your work/photography experience
• A few lines about why you're interested and your strengths
• Link to your portfolio
• Review these galleries and tell me a bit about how you would have photographed in that space (gear/strategies etc)
• Tell me which was your favorite portrait lounge and why
Portrait Lounge Examples (what I'll be doing):