We have an opening for a Catering Coordinator serving the Portland metro area.
This is a full-time, hourly position. We offer competitive wages and a benefit package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) retirement plan, incentive plan, discretionary bonuses, and catered lunch daily.
The Catering Coordinator is primarily responsible for driving catering sales within the Portland metro area through community outreach/education and regular marketing activities, including cold-calling (in person and over the phone), canvassing and table touches. The Catering Coordinator also takes, places, and prepares catering orders and provides consultation to guests regarding their event.
• Superior knowledge of food preparation and catering practices, including safety and sanitation for both onsite and offsite events
• A passion for excellence
• Yumm!mazing guest service
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to work both autonomously and with a team
• Able to troubleshoot and problem solve
• A professional attitude and appearance that represents Café Yumm! Mission & Values. Read the Mission Statement and Core Values on our website (www.cafeyumm.com)
Your Education and Experience:
• At least a high school diploma. An Associate degree or higher is preferred
• At least one (1) year experience in the restaurant industry. Experience in catering and catering sales is preferred
• Must be ServSafe certified with at least an 85% passing score, or be able to timely obtain certification with required score
• Possess a reliable vehicle, a valid state-issued driver's license with satisfactory motor vehicle record pursuant to BDI's policies, and be available to travel regularly within the Portland Metro area.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers