QR Code Link to This Post
The Hilton Portland is looking for a Grab & Go / Barista (Full Time) for the HopCity Market!
- Downtown location, near several Max Stations
We are looking for someone with open and flexible availability to work 8 hour shifts that start & end time may vary based of business needs. Ability to work holidays and weekends is required.
8 hours shifts may start as early as 5am and end as late as 10pm.
Hourly wage of 14.58 per/ hr.
Hilton offers great benefits like, Health Insurance, PTO (Paid Time Off), 401K, Great Team Member and friends & family discounted room rates at Hilton hotels, as well as other awesome Hilton perks!
Minimum 1 year coffee/barista experience
Minimum 1 year cashiering/ money handling experience
Minimum 2 years in food and beverage/hospitality
Must be legal Age to Sell Alcohol in the State of Oregon
Must have or obtain Oregon Alcohol Server Permit OLCC (Must have by first day of work).
Must have or obtain Oregon State Food Handler's Card (highly prefer by 1st day of work, if not within 30 days from start date).
Hilton has been ranked 3 years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in the United States! What are you waiting for? Please read the information below, and submit your application!
What will I be doing?
As a Coffee Attendant / Barista, you would be responsible for greeting and serving guests beverages and/or food in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Brew, sell, promote and prepare beverages according to established recipes and standards
- Take guest beverage orders and accurately input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Maintains cleanliness of work area/outlet
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Requisition, stock and rotate products
- Secure and store all beverages, food and other equipment items
- Deposit cash drops, secure and balance bank and sign out/in keys
What are we looking for?Education:
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.Experience:
Minimum of one (1) year experience in a coffee shop/barista position is required
Guest relations/service experience preferred
Computer Skills --POS proficiency preferredLicenses or Certificates:
Food Service Sanitation certification required. OLCC service permit required.
CPR/1st Aid certification preferred.Grooming:
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reaches overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to work and stand in a confined space for long periods of time.
- Ability to work under pressure in an orderly and organized fashion while in a fast- paced, high-volume customer service environment.
- Ability to operate beverage, espresso grinder, espresso maker, and toast equipment
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision ?to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality? unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!