compensation: $13 per hour, tips after initial training employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Madrona Hill is a locally owned, neighborhood bakery and cafe located in North Portland. We serve exceptional coffee beverages, made-to-order sandwiches, and freshly-baked pastry goods every day. We love this city, this neighborhood, and most importantly, great coffee and atmosphere. We work hard. We work fast. We love to laugh and hear new stories, or old stories - whatever our customers want to tell us! We are open 7 days a week, 6am -- 3pm, including most holidays.
We are looking to add a rockstar barista to our team. The barista positions will require barista duties, heavy food prep, stocking, and cashier/money handling responsibilities. Our days are packed - we balance great customer service, preparing made-to-order breakfast and lunch sandwiches, making creamy lattes, cooking bacon, managing varying levels of food prep, and otherwise providing a friendly and cozy place to work, visit or be. If you think you can do this calmly, all while staying engaged with your customers and your coworkers, please read on.
Compensation starts at $13 per hour, plus tips after initial training period.
You should have open availability and be able to commit to a set schedule for 90 days. Preference will be given to applicants with great attitudes and open availability. *A flexible schedule and availability on BOTH Saturday and Sunday is a must.*
Baristas can earn up to up to 25 hours per week, depending on your flexibility and proven ability to work hard with great energy.
This position will require the following:
* Food industry / restaurant experience including balancing and prioritizing multiple to do lists, a constant stream of customers, and food prep and assembly.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, this includes speaking and listening, with co-workers, customers, and vendors
* Outgoing and Uber Positive Attitude is a MUST - high energy, positive outlook, upbeat, friendly and engaging personality, sense of humor and willingness to grow, and an uncanny ability to maintain your cool.
* A flexible schedule and availability on Saturday and Sunday is required. (Though we ask for a flexible schedule, we also make sure all employees have a set schedule so you can plan your life!)
* Prompt and reliable transportation
* Current Multnomah County Food Handler Card.
* Current OLCC Card, or ability to obtain one.
* Strong work ethic
*A team player attitude, willing to look for and help out where needed
*Strong attention to detail, whether following a recipe or noticing your customer's new haircut
*Accurate cash handling ability and the ability to balance a till
*Able to work like you are not the only person in the room, make good decisions and follow instructions
* Ability to lift 25 pounds over your head and to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
*Ability to stand while on shift
*High School Diploma or GED.
Please respond with your resume and concise cover letter in .pdf format. In your cover letter, please describe why you are a great, long term fit for this position, your schedule availability and list the titles of the last 3 books you read.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Thank you for your interest and have a great day!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers