Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. is hosting a BOH/Culinary restaurant intern this summer. We have designed a 10-week rotational development experience available in our Portland restaurants. Are you a motivated, passionate, service professional? Read on…
QR Code Link to This Post
Our 2019 Interns will get both front or back of house experience. This means hands on with day-to-day operations, providing remarkable hospitality and from-scratch dishes in a full service dining environment. Interns will also work closely with the restaurant General Manager and Chef on a special project intended to have immediate and tangible impact on revenue generation or margin improvement.
We are a values-based company committed to a central philosophy: “We Make it Right, We Make it Special, and We Make it Happen”. We’re looking for interns who embrace this philosophy, too!
This internship will provide a balance of learning about our business and industry with meaningful work responsibilities that include:
• Learning and working all FOH or BOH positions within the restaurant
• Delivering remarkable hospitality and maintaining operational excellence while upholding RUI CORE values
• Learning about all facets of restaurant such as menu, service standards, hours of operation, shift
• Working knowledge of kitchen operations such as menu, recipe adherence, food-handling guidelines and
• Exposure to scheduling, labor management, financials
• Daily deliverables
• Collaboration and team interaction
• A substantive project that will be challenging, well defined and with a definitive result delivered before
internship close that can be summarized and delivered by the intern to management (ie: food cost analysis,
recipe/menu development, event planning, labor study, etc.)
* Email the recruiting team directly