Bar Avignon is looking for a rock star chef to join our family.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are an established, 11 year old, neighborhood bistro with 55 seats. We serve dinner seven nights a week. We have a solid base of repeat guests who dine with us often—we know many of them by name. We are serious about what we do; but like to have fun at the same time.
Our menu changes weekly to accommodate our market driven focus. Pasta, pastry and charcuterie are all made in house.
We are looking for a driven chef who shares our passion and commitment to the quality of food and service we offer in our casual restaurant.
Any applicant must:
• have a strong passion for menu creation and working with seasonal product
• possesses above average work ethic, maintaining self-control, composure and clear direction in a high stress environment
• be capable of cooking high volume in our small, open kitchen
• manage a BOH staff of 4-5 people through direct and effective communication
• have an interest in teaching techniques and educating the staff
• understand the importance of professionalism
• maintain impeccable quality of food and standards of cleanliness and organization
• maintain acceptable food costs and complete a monthly inventory
• meet clearly stated deadlines
• shop at the PSU farmers market every Saturday morning
• maintain a positive attitude and always lead by example
Although the candidate will have autonomy to create a menu within the confines of the restaurant’s concept, they must be willing to collaborate with the owner, take constructive criticism, and possess the ability to work as a team.
Please leave your resume, with 2-3 relevant references, here. We are hiring immediately.
Hot Heads and Prima Donnas need not apply.