favorite this post Concessionaire @ St Johns Twin Cinema & Pub (8704 N Lombard St Portland OR) hide this posting unhide

8704 N Lombard St

(google map)

compensation: $12 per hour + tips
employment type: part-time

We are looking to hire some new members of our team here at the Cinema. Primarily we need a Concessionaire
A Concessionaire is responsible to create a welcome environment for Customers. They sell soft drinks, packaged candies, popcorn, beer, wine and pizza to cinema patrons. This individual operates, maintains, stocks, and cleans the concession stand and cinema between shows and after. The job may also require closing and opening of cinema and all duties in between.

*Please provide a resume and a brief description of why you want to work at The St Johns Twin Cinema as well as your favorite movie!

The Concessionaire may also be asked to double as a Box Office Cashier, as staffing needs require. As a result, such an Employee must also be able to perform the essential job functions of those positions.

Our Cinema does have alcohol sales. There are additional requirements from OLCC for Employees who work with alcohol. You are required to take OLCC service training and maintain a servers permit.

A Day in the Life of a Concessionaire

Greets Customers and visitors.
Uses suggestive selling techniques.
Provides fast and friendly service. The average transaction time should be no more than 60 seconds.
Rings up the sale on a computer terminal, accepts payment, and makes change.
Responsible for cash balance and inventory balance.
Prepares food (popcorn and Pizza)
Properly operates cooking and popping equipment.
Stocks concession area.
Cleans inside and outside of the concession stand/cinema, food service equipment, cooking equipment, and utensils.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Checks the identification and verifies the legal age for purchase of alcoholic beverages.
Prepares, pours, and delivers alcoholic beverages to Customers.
Understands and complies with state liquor laws and our policies with regard to alcohol service.
What You Will Need to Have:

Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
Requires regular and consistent attendance.
Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to be able to move quickly.
Requires the ability to occasionally lift and clean popcorn kettles, warmers, butter machines and other food preparation equipment, and soft drink equipment.
Ability to move, carry, push and pull heavy food or beer products and containers from remote or separate storage areas. Sometimes this must be done quickly in order to keep shelves stocked.
Requires the ability to reach at different levels.
Concession Workers must be able to speak clearly
Be able to hear or lip read adequately
Have the manual dexterity to handle a variety of food products without spilling the contents, while accepting payment or making change.
Ability to obtain a health card or food handlers permit is essential.
Employees who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
Accurate cash handling and math skills.
Must be at least 18 years of age (for alcohol service).
Must complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program (for alcohol service).
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:

Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the cinema.
Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.

  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 6850383680


best of [?]