compensation: starting wage $13 per hour, raise at 3 months employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hostel Staff Overnight Position Part Time - Ideal for Students or Artists!
Hostelling International – Portland, Northwest is an 138-bed hostel and 31 private room guesthouse providing low-cost, short-term overnight accommodations in dorms and private rooms for over 30,000 educational and recreational travelers each year. The hostel is centrally located in Portland’s historic and trendy Northwest district. More information on the hostel at www.nwportlandhostel.com.
• Welcome, register, orient and supervise guests
• Maintain security and safety of the hostel for guests, while providing a welcoming and fun atmosphere
• Take individual reservations by telephone as well as process cancellations and changes to reservations
• Represent and promote Hostelling International - USA and the hostel in a positive manner to guests, callers and the general public
• Provide information about the hostel and the local area to guests in person and over the telephone
• Collect and accurately record overnight fees, sale of goods, equipment rentals using a windows based, computerized, registration system
• Work honorably and efficiently without direct supervision
• Provide assistance in emergencies any time while on hostel premises
• Extensive housekeeping duties including the daily cleaning of the hostel, maintaining cleaning supplies inventory
• Other duties as assigned by the Hostel Management Team
• Must have customer service experience and enjoy working with the public
• Excellent oral, communication and organizational skills
• Experience handling cash and recording sales transactions preferred
• Accurate, neat and thorough record keeping
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively without immediate supervision
• Adaptability and willingness to do a variety of tasks including housekeeping
• Conflict resolution skills and ability to act effectively in a crisis
• Must have the ability to remain alert and productive between the hours of 12midnight to 8:00am
• Hostelling experience and support of the mission and goals of HI-USA
• Must be flexible regarding work schedule; shifts run 12midnight – 8:00am, 7 days a week, including holidays and weekends. Daytime shifts will be required during the training period.
• Computer skills (WINXP, word processing- MS Word, data base management- Excel, Outlook)
Wages and Hours
24 hours per week.
Starting wage is $13.00 per hour.
Please email cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers