compensation: $15-$18/hr, DOE employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Ready, Set, Eat! Inc. is a small personal chef company based in Portland, OR, specializing in personalized, homemade meals for busy professionals and clients with specific dietary needs.
Founded in Portland in 2003, Ready, Set, Eat! strives to consistently provide our clients delicious, nutritious, homemade meals, catered to their individual needs and preferences. We serve the greater Portland area, within a 20 mile radius of the Ready, Set, Eat! offices, located in SW Portland. All cooking is done at the client’s home, requiring highly responsible individuals that are also understanding of each client’s individual needs and flexible with a changing environment. We offer our clients many different styles of services.
With new growth in the area, we have employment opportunities for a Personal Chef to join our team in a part-to-full time capacity.
A wide breadth of knowledge in many different types of cuisines and dietary restrictions is required. We offer the following specialties to our clients:
• Gluten/Casien-Free Meals
• Medically-Restricted Meals
• Other Specialty Diets
Selected candidate will work in coordination with the owner/chef manager to complete all personalized food preparation. They will meet with client before service, take recommended recipes and shopping list from owner and purchase required ingredients using company funds. Arrive at client’s home, prepare meals in an efficient and orderly fashion, maintaining high quality and food safety regulations. Package the meals made, store them, then carefully restore kitchen to pre-service condition. Collect payment, and return with equipment to Ready, Set, Eat! offices. Candidate may also be needed occasionally available for special events, including in-home cooking instructions or small events.
• Culinary School or work equivalent, including a minimum of 4 years food preparation experience, providing excellent one-on-one customer service. High-end restaurant experience highly encouraged.
• Must be able to communicate with both manager, team members, and clients effectively and promptly.
• Must be able to effectively read and communicate in English with customers.
• Must have experience in Cost Control and Budgeting, keeping quality high and budget low.
• Candidate must be comfortable working independently.
• Food Handler’s Card required, ServSafe certification highly encouraged
• Must have their own vehicle available for this position
• Must be flexible with schedule and hours.
• Basic computer skills (email, texting) required.
• Identify and Suggest new recipes for use.
• Network and Generate New Clients. Sales experience encouraged but not required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet up to 11 hours per day excluding breaks.
• Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines on a regular basis.
Application: Email resume and cover letter by September 10, 2019. Include “RSE Job Application – YOUR NAME” in the subject line
We do pre-employment criminal background checks, employment verifications, and reference checks. Ready, Set, Eat! embraces equal opportunity employment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers