compensation: $13.72 per hour plus $5-$8 dollars an hour in tips. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Grand Central Bakery ignited a bread revolution in 1989 by introducing rustic artisan loaves to Northwest tables. Values are at the heart of our company and sustainability touches everything we do - from where we buy ingredients to how we care for our employees and invest in our communities.
As a Certified B Corporation, Grand Central Bakery is part of a global movement of organizations using business as a force for good.
Are pastries your passion? The ideal candidate for this position is an enthusiastic baker and skilled communicator. This position acts as an ambassador from pastry production to both the cafes and Grand Central customers.
Grand Central Bakery is now accepting applications for a Retail Pastry Baker position in beautiful Portland, Oregon.
Rate of Pay: This position pays $13.72 per hour plus $5- $8 an hour in tips.
Schedule: The expected schedule is part-time and early mornings. Schedule flexibility and ability to work weekends is required.
• Making delicious pastry in an efficient manner by consistently mixing, forming, proofing and baking pastries
• Communicating on a daily basis with staff, customers, and the Pastry Lead regarding education, food facts, and product feedback
• Willingness and ability to cover shifts at all cafes
• Working with the Pastry Lead to maintain high standards of deliciousness
• Managing inventory, including stocking and ordering as needed
• Following food safety rules and guidelines
Skills and Experience:
• 1+ year(s) professional pastry experience
• 18 years of age or older
• Proficiency in Outlook and food service professional software (e.g., ChefTec)
• A valid Oregon Food Handlers card
Grand Central Bakery values fair compensation and excellent benefits. Some of the great benefits of working here include:
Generous insurance contribution for employee and dependents
Paid sick and vacation time
Paid community time
Reimbursement for bike expenses
Fun working environment
Opportunities for growth
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers