Relief Catering Cook needed to join catering team at Volunteers of America Oregon. Catering for a Cause provides healthy food and full service catering for corporate clients, institutions and other organizations. Relief position will up to 19 hours/week.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Catering Cook is responsible for preparing large batch meals in a fast-paced environment. In addition to cooking skills, must be able to maintain a clean kitchen and work area, and comply with sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards. The Cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud. Successful candidates are team-players, enjoy meaningful work, are flexible in their schedule, and want to work within an enthusiastic team environment.
Successful candidates are team-players, enjoy meaningful work, are flexible in their schedule, and want to work within an enthusiastic team environment.
• Prior commercial cooking experience is preferred.
• USDA recipes and guidelines experience a plus.
• Current Multnomah County Food Handlers Permit, or obtain within 30 days of hire.
• Customer and client service focus.
• Stress management and composure.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Collaboration skills as team member.
• Ability to read and follow directions.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
• Available to work as flexible schedule, including weekends, evening and holidays.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally, stand, bend, walk and reach.
Depends on experience and/or certifications.
Interested applicants MUST apply online at www.voaor.org:
"VOA Oregon Careers"
"Search for Jobs"
Click on job title and follow prompts to apply for position
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.