employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Green Zebra Grocery
Want to work with us? We’re always on the lookout for hard-working, super friendly employees who know and care about what it’s like to make someone’s day.
At Green Zebra our work philosophy is known as “Servant Leadership.”
Servant leadership means that we are always in service to our customers and to each other. Not only does it feel good to put others first, but we’ve found that if we all strive to do the best for others, we also do well for ourselves.
We also value efficiency, self initiative, clear communication, and creating a fun, friendly environment. You can read more about our company right here.
Working with us is a two way street. We have high expectations of our employees, and in return we make sure they receive good benefits. We provide all of our employees with health insurance, paid time off, and a generous in-store discount. We’re still a small startup, so we also offer the opportunity to grow with us, and become a leader within the company.
Reports to: Store Manager
Schedule: Flexibility is a must
Store Stewards float between the various departments in our store. They are that store’s “unicorn” and we couldn’t do business without them.
They do a little bit of everything. That means pulling espresso shots and checking out customers at the Front-end, making delicious custom sammies in our Deli, stocking shelves, organizing back stock, and facilitating bottle returns in Grocery and filling in wherever needed to make sure our store is super successful on any given day.
They are there for us in the event of a call-out and can fill in at any department in a pinch, sometimes working in multiple departments in one day. They are highly flexible and adaptable. They are super trained-up in every department and have a can-do, team-player attitude. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Maintains accurate paperwork throughout shift
- Maintains the physical appearance of the cash register area, this includes cleaning countertops, organizing and stocking bags, returning baskets, sweeping and dusting
- Uses best judgement to keep customer line count low and pages for cashier back-up as necessary
- Maintains familiarity with products, their location and product specials
- Continually increases number of PLU numbers memorized and takes initiative to stay current with seasonal produce
- With Stumptown training, creates delicious and beautiful espresso and tea drinks
- Finds productive tasks to do between customer transactions
- Operates slicer, wrapping and cooking equipment.
- Prepares fresh “grab and go” meals while adhering to company guidelines and recipe specs.
- Replenishes “grab and go” program including fresh soup, sandwiches, & salad bar.
- Performs food prep duties and monitors food rotation..
- Embraces organization, efficiencies and maintains a clean work-space.
- Maintains integrity of in-house quality, wholesome, fresh and value added products while helping the department meet margin goals.
- Addresses food safety concerns immediately with regard to the products in the department, equipment and food health concerns.
- Maintains equipment and supplies.
- Observes the regular HAACP and temperature logs within coolers and cases and immediately reports failures to store management.
- Follows quality control and rotation guidelines.
- Maintains compost and recycling practices.
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy
- Receives, unloads, stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Assists in building displays keeping shelves fully stocked and tidy.
- Facilitates hand-counted bottle returns for our community members
- Has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store
- Maintains excellent communication with store management team and front end at all times
- General housekeeping in the department and in back room
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to learn to operate POS system, cash register and all credit/debit card machines
- Basic understanding of money handling
- Previous natural foods experience preferred
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Barista experience preferred
- Of legal age to sell alcohol (18 years old)