compensation: $15-$16 per hour employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking for a company culture that values you as a person?
Do you want to do work that is meaningful and fulfills your sense of purpose?
Do you want to be paid what you are worth?
If you answered yes to all three of these questions, you may want to look into working with us. We are a community living support agency that works with the Intellectually/Developmentally Disabled community here in Oregon. Our passion is working with good people like you and matching you with one of our clients who really needs your compassion, integrity, positive attitude, and dependability. Some of our clients need part-time Direct Support Workers and some need full-time.
The best thing about working for It Takes a Village NW is how you are treated. Our Administrator has first-hand experience working as a caregiver and also has years of experience leading others. The one thing she learned along the way is how important it is to treat people well. She is passionate about supporting us and giving us a safe environment to be ourselves in. She is responsive when we call her and always friendly.
We have 2 open positions right now and have a few requirements for you to review to make sure we are a good fit together.
Role and Responsibilities
The work of a Direct Support Worker is directed by a plan of care developed by the Oregon Department of Human Services. The Direct Support Worker does not organize the care plan but is responsive to it in supporting the client.
Position expectations are defined as the following and may include, but are not limited to, in-home supports and skills:
· Cooking, cleaning, medication assistance, scheduling, attend medical appointments, shopping, transportation, housing, and budgeting
· Skill development and support defined in the individual's ISP
· Documentation of progress notes with each shift
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Highschool diploma or equivalent
Overall competency in working under pressure
Experience in providing general care and support
Knowledge of home care services
Proficient in written communication
Proficient in oral communication
General Staff Qualifications: A staff member delivering services to an individual must meet the following criteria:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Be legally eligible to work in the United States.
· Understand requirements of maintaining confidentiality and safeguarding individual information.
· Be literate and capable of understanding written and oral orders.
· Be able to communicate with individuals, health care providers, case managers, and appropriate others.
· Be able to respond to emergency situations at all times services are being delivered.
· Be certified in CPR and First Aid by a recognized training agency within 90 calendar days of employment.
· If transporting individuals, have a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance in compliance with the laws of the Department of Motor Vehicles.
**Must also have a smart phone