If you LOVE pets, want to work with great people who also LOVE pets - then we are looking for you!
QR Code Link to This Post
VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists (NWVS), located in Clackamas, is seeking extraordinary Doctors' Assistants who identifies themselves as personable, highly professional and animal/people lovers. Come join our busy 24- hour Emergency/Critical Care and Specialty animal hospital!
At VCA, we take our mission statement -- your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal- very seriously.
At VCA NWVS, our friendly, professional staff is made up of dedicated individuals who have made it their mission to help pets live long, healthy lives. We offer a challenging, rewarding and fun work environment that is full of opportunity for personal and professional growth.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Doctor's Assistant role is a multi-faceted position that bridges communication between the medical teams and our front desk team, working directly with our clients, client service representatives, veterinary technicians and doctors. The ideal candidate will be comfortable talking with people facing difficult circumstances, working in a fast paced environment and able to remain calm while communicating well under pressure. Duties include providing treatment estimates to clients and keeping clients informed with any new information such as if changes to a treatment plan becomes medically necessary and effects cost.
No previous veterinary experience is necessary.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School diploma or GED
• Affection for animals and concern for their welfare
• Ability and interest in accommodating varied work assignments and schedules
• Ability to communicate in a professional, pleasant, respectful and courteous manner at all times
• Maturity, good judgment and professional personal appearance
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours of varying shifts - including nights, weekends and holidays
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to bend, lift, push, pull, stretch, climb, mop, sweep, scrub continuously throughout entire shift
• Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours.
• Proficient written, verbal and computer skills including the ability to communicate via Outlook email.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must pay attention to detail.