DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital is hiring an Internal Medicine Technician.
DoveLewis is currently undergoing a major renovation creating a beautiful new, large space for our specialty departments. Slated to be unveiled the first week of June, come be a part of this exciting expansion!
As a Technician in our internal medicine department, you will be responsible for providing nursing care to patients through compliance with the internist’s orders. On a daily basis, you will work closely with the internist to manage chronic and new internal medicine patients. You will also assist the internist with diagnostics including GI endoscopy, CSF collection, arthrocentesis, bone marrow aspiration/biopsy, percutaneous endoscopic gastric tubes, and more. In addition, you will check in patients, calculate medical dosages and administer medications, run in-house lab work, place tubes and catheters, monitor and ensure patients’ comfort, support and monitor sedated or anesthetized patients, update clients on their pet’s progress with education on chronic and acute care, and perform a variety of other tasks.
Why do employees love working for DoveLewis?
• We live up to our mission of providing the best emergency, critical, and specialty care to our patients.
• Your work makes a difference to the animal-loving community and to individual pet owners on a daily basis
• You learn so much! We are a teaching hospital dedicated to the growth of our employees.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
• Minimum of three years working in the veterinary field as a technician or assistant.
• Preferred minimum of one year internal medicine or other specialty small animal care experience.
• CVT or LVT preferred.
• Any suitable combination of experience or education may substitute for the above.
How to apply: Please visit - www.dovelewis.org/jobs
To be considered for this position, you MUST complete the online application and upload a resume. Resumes received without a completed online application will not be considered.
DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers