Full-time Supported Living Facilitator for an individual in SE Portland!
This is a position where you will be providing 1:1 direct care support in the individual's private residence and in the community. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to work independently, think quickly, and problem solve. You must have a positive outlook regarding individuals with developmental disabilities and seek to improve their overall quality of life. Duties vary based on the individual's support needs and preferences.
Typical duties include:
- Assisting with activities of daily living (Dressing, Grooming, Bathing, Eating)
- Household maintenance (Cleaning, Shopping, Meal Planning, Meal Preparation)
- Transferring/Repositioning as needed by the individual.
- Administration of medications and treatments.
- Assisting with community outings (medical appointments, shopping activities)
- Support the individual during emergency situations.
- Assisting individuals to make choices and grow their relationships in the community.
- Participation in Community Vision's on call weekend rotation.
Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Compensation and Benefits: $13.50/hr
For Full-Time employees Community Vision offers a generous benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, flex spending medical/dependent care pre-taxed benefits, 401k, PTO, Long term disability, Life insurance and a discounted multi state LA Fitness membership. If your position is variable, benefits will be offered dependent on the number of hours worked over a period of 1 year.
- Experience providing support to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (training by Community Vision provided as needed)
- Submit and pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 75lbs and assist with transfer support (if applicable).
- Comfortable assisting individuals with hygiene support needs and providing personal care.
- Ability to travel to various locations in the Portland metropolitan area.
- Driver License preferred. (Required for certain positions)
Community Vision provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Community Vision values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with our organization to apply
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers