compensation: $40,000 - $45,000 per year DOE + Benefits, Paid Vacation, Sick time + More employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. is the largest security provider in the United States. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team in Portland, OR. We are looking for a passionate, driven, results oriented individual. This individual will be working in a very fast paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who has extensive experience in Employee Relations Management.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages human resources (HR) for assigned location(s). Implements and acts to ensure compliance with company and Region HR policies. Carries out accommodation meetings, new hire classes and I-9 processing, suspensions, employment separations, and performs investigations on HR matters.
1. Advises employees and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations; assists management in employee relations and investigations.
2. Provide assistance to the Area Human Resources Manager with maintaining complaints received via the company hotline and effectively resolve cases utilizes broad range of recruitment sources to meet staffing requirements.
3. Analyzes and provides advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems; partners with branch management to conduct employee counseling and disciplinary procedures
4. Manages unemployment claims and participates in unemployment hearings
5. Provide assistance in gathering details for all claims filed with external agencies including OSHA, EEOC and FLSA
6. Help train management in the prevention and proper resolution of day-to-day employee relations issues
7. Performs introduction class and ensures new hires are trained and set up for client site placement.
8. Audits new hire files for compliance and manages maintenance/destruction of employee information/records
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in an HR-related field, or Associate Degree and two or more years of progressively responsible HR experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education based on one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.