For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (R-19-0935)
Reporting directly to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will help to establish a new level of excellence in recruiting at PGE. Specifically, this individual will:
• Partner with and advise leadership and HR colleagues in assigned lines of business as the go-to expert in talent acquisition.
• Lead full cycle recruiting initiatives in the assigned lines of business, which will include: (a) working with internal customers to understand their hiring needs and help to shape positions around those needs, (b) creating winning sourcing strategies, that include significant use of social media, aimed to attract both active and passive candidates (c) managing/advising internal customers and candidates through the life cycle of the recruitment, ensuring engagement and adding value, (d) crafting offers and managing the negotiations and (e) ensuring a smooth onboarding.
• Branding: Contribute to initiatives that showcase the organization’s brand in the employment market.
• Vendor Management: Develops vendor selection criteria and recommends new vendors. Manages vendors (e.g., contingent worker suppliers, assessment providers) to ensure services provided meet the need
• Talent Communities: Proactively build talent communities for positions, ensuring a pipeline of candidates before the needs arise
• Selection: Develops staffing and/or assessment tools in partnership with the talent acquisition team, ensuring compliance to laws and regulations, and adherence to fair employment practices and the organization’s HR strategies and plans.
• Consultation: Serves as a staffing subject matter expert. Anticipates manager needs and develops solutions within existing guidelines. Guides managers on staffing solutions (temporary, contingent, regular, etc.). Provides guidance to managers on recruitment process and general staffing
• Process Improvement: Implements process improvements and coordinates department projects and initiatives.
A bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, sociology, finance, human resources or other related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum: 5+ years in Human Resources with at least 2 years in full cycle recruiting
• Preferred: 8+ years in Human Resources with at least 4 years in full cycle recruiting
• Candidates may have experience working in any industry; however, utility sector experience is a plus
Certifications, Licenses and Training
PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or other recruitment certifications a plus
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers