compensation: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Openings: Assembler
Shifts: D4 - Monday thru Thursday 4am - 2:30pm, S4 - Monday thru Thursday 2:30pm - 1am (occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Shift Differential S4: An additional $0.50 cents per hour on top of base hourly wage
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking Assemblers for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for our Assembler position will perform a variety of assembly tasks for all Leatherman products in accordance with blue prints and required production goals.
• Perform various steps to complete assembly process, which includes but is not limited to placing components into subassemblies, applying lock tite into pins, driving screws into pins.
• Operate various assembly machines and or hand tools during the assembly process.
• Check and adjust tension of components and handles in sub-assemblies and finished tools using tension gauge.
• Inspect work for accuracy.
• Performs repairs of misassembled tools.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED preferred but not required (required for higher-level opportunities).
• National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred.
• Some experience in manufacturing environment or completion of a manufacturing foundations class is preferred but not required.
• Basic inspection and measuring skills preferred which include attribute gaging such as go/no-go with specifications that are pass/fail.
• Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills is preferred .
• Demonstrated skills in rate control once fully trained.
• Basic blueprint reading and computer skills is preferred. Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS's and work instructions is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems is preferred.
• Ability to work in a team setting and maintain positive interpersonal communications with team members.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; balance; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, some overhead. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.; sit; climb; twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee regularly works in a production environment with regular exposure to noise, liquid grinding coolant mist and vapor, dust and lubricants managed through an exhaust system. Work area is well lit and air-conditioned.
To Apply: At Leatherman, we are also interested in how you think, behave and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 10-15 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information. Click link below to apply.
Excellent Benefit Package:
Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other's well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check, drug screening for illegal substances only, is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers