compensation: $44,483 to $66,782/year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
• FTE: 1.0, Full Time
• Schedule: Monday - Friday, 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm (may vary)
• Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill Campus)
• Salary Range: $44,483- $66,782/yr
• Job Type: Unclassified
Our vision for the custodial supervisor is to directly supervise a flexible team capable of collaborating with other work units, inside and outside of facilities operations, to provide our customers with an outstanding environment in which to work. The custodial supervisor assists with planning, coordinating, and directing activities while working closely with team members of other functional units. This position is a working supervisor that has the capability to perform custodial tasks in order to provide demonstrated training, complete projects on time, or backfill during vacations.
OHSU is committed to sustainable practices; the custodial supervisor will facilitate green cleaning programs and assist in analyzing waste streams to reduce environmental impact. This position is responsible for supervising employees and contacted services on a daily basis. The supervisor will facilitate a quality assurance program and participate in continuous improvement initiatives. The supervisor must demonstrate flexibility and exercise independent decision making as needed based on needs of facility.
Functions/Duties of Position
Provide direct supervision to staff and collaboration with other work units/customers ensuring high quality custodial services. Supervisory duties include recruitment selection and retention, hire, train, write performance appraisals and position descriptions, approve leave time, assign and approve work, support professional growth, manage team and individual development plans, provide ongoing training and coach and perform disciplinary actions for employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide ongoing training including custodial practices and safety.
• Perform quality assurance inspections and follow-up with custodian and customer.
• Assist in developing service schedules/tasks and monitor successful completion.
• Interact with customers to ensure needs are met and resolve any issues.
• Collaborate with other work units within Facilities.
• Facilitate contracted services and monitor performances.
• Monitor inventory/usage of supplies.
• Provide feedback on effectiveness of products and processes.
• Monitor equipment usage and working conditions. Facilitate and track repairs.
• Monitor dispenser working conditions. Facilitate and track repairs.
• Assist in managing a work loading database.
• Document procedures and department protocols.
• Maintain list of security procedures for locking doors and security codes.
• Schedule and ensure completion of special service requests from customers.
• Provide support for various sustainability initiatives.
• Develop and maintain ongoing training logs of employees.
• Oversee recycling program to ensure timely collection, sorting, and pick-up from vendors.
• Propose and manage initiatives to decrease waste stream and increase recycling rate.
• *Work schedule may vary if needed, including weekends.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• At least 2 years custodial supervisory experience in a large institution.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct custodial functions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Intermediate PC skills including MS Office.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in written word in the English language.
• Must obtain job related certifications within 60 days of hire.
How To Apply
Apply online at www.ohsujobs.com and searching "IRC70023" or by viewing the link below. Please upload a resume.